Monday, 29 September 2008

Natura trophy...

This weekend was the first national O'competition counting to the Portuguese cup. The competition took place in an area in the center of Portugal by the sea, named Quiaios. It has some of the best national maps. The results can be found here (1st day) and here (2nd day)

In the first day, a nearly 12k race in a sandy terrain, I made my best result ever as an elite. I was 3rd. I started slowly (shown in the graph by the green trace, me), once the last time I have read a map was in Estonia, almost 2 months earlier. The map was not too technical with some easy options. I ran easily, but I could have saved much more time in the long legs. My options were almost all by paths (showing some lack of self-confidence) and some of them almost ridiculous. In the other hand, if I didn't made it by paths, maybe I would even have lost more time re-localizing myself.


That night, I felt some pain in my tibio-tarsic joint. I had made a little sprain and I didn't even noticed while running. That night I found two major blisters in my left foot, made by my new and short Integrator shoes.

In the second day, I tried everything: running with my integrators, running with athletic shoes, all kind of ankle supports to reduce the pain. In the warmp up, some pain disapeared and I was able to run. Unfortunately that was not enought and I wasn't able to keep my 3rd place. I did only some small mistakes, but the running was my cross.

Now, monday, I wasn't able to train. Tomorrow I will try again. I have started my optative disciplines at faculty. This week I will have 5 hours of nutrition every morning and some whole afternoons with Sexology. I hope I will be able to run well again soon.


No comments: