Friday, 31 October 2008

II Trofeo Junta de Comunidades de Castilla-La Mancha - Ciudad de Toledo

Last weekend was the II trofeu Castilla La Mancha in Toledo (Spain). I was 4th in the overall resultsDAY1 - At the start line I was a bit frightened of the 13,7km race. I had a bit of soreness in my legs from the last weekend nike race. I started slowly and in the first meters of the race I did not start to the right direction. When I hit the path, I corrected the route to the 1st control (me, the black trace in the graph below (position after leg graph)).


I did some mistakes during the race and the most of the time I lost was on the 1st, 6th, 8th, 10th, 17th and 19th control. Even if there were not many route options, I liked the race.
In the afternoon I did a sprint race at a slow pace with my team friend, Nelson Graça.


DAY2 - A medium distance in the historic center of Toledo. I wanted to do a good race, once it was supposed to be a less technical and a more physical race. I started pretty confident, but to the 2nd control I entered one streed before and I hesitated a lot to the 3rd control, near the walls. The most of the time that I lost was to the 8th control (I didn't realize that the passages near the end of the road were underground) and to the 14th (there was a wall in a crossroad that wasn't in the map that made me doubt of where I was).

In the end we had still time to do a OriBus competition in the 7hour trip to Portugal. In a though race agaisnt Gonçalo Cruz from my club, I won the race with a time of 1min55. Gonçalo had some difficulties in the beginning and ended with a time of 3min. It was a success! =)

No comments: