Sunday, 4 January 2009

Mondego Trophy (maps and courses)

Today, me and Paulo went to Figueira da Foz to participate in the second day of competitions of the Mondego Trophy. I would have done a good race, if in the 4th control I hadn't made a major mistake.There is a path that leads to the area of the control. However in the terrain there was another path to the right of the map one, made by a vehicle. I thought that I was in the left path and did a bad attack to the control that was in a really closed area. When I realized that I wasn't in the right place I returned to the path and realized where I was. That error costed me about 4'30 (You may find the results here). In the end of the race, me and Paulo took the map of the previous day of competitions and did another 7,5km course. The total was around a 20km train with map in a terrain where the progression is really difficult. (You may zoom the maps in the little upper right button on the web album).


No comments: