Saturday, 23 May 2009

National Universitary Championships


Today I went to Gâmbia, near Lisbon, to the National Universitary Champs in a really fast map in an open area.

Middle distance, 8,4K, (100m), 28c, 42'04 - This time I messed up. I didn't start focused and two big mistakes in the beginning. To the 1st control I deviated to the right and then thought that the special trees line was the white area. In the 2nd control I was loosing more than 1min to the 1st. To the 18th huge mistake again. I lost my focus when crossing the small path that, in fact, was a big path in the terrain. I was 3rd overall and found many errors that will have to be corrected to the next weekend. I have realized that my mistakes are in chain: if i missed a control, I'll miss the next 2 controls too. I have to Stop and refresh after a mistake! And I also realized that I have to boost my self-confidence. Physically, even if I didn't took off the load to this weekend I felt really well running.

This week I'll have to give my best studying. Next weekend, National Absolute Champs. We'll see...

2 comments:

Rudi said...

interval is 2,5 meter?
what about that half blue area close to the see?

Miguel Reis e Silva said...

I thinkg the interval is 2,5
The blues that are close to the sea are "Salines" (I don't know how's the word in English). It's a structure like this:
http://www.observatoriodoalgarve.com/cna/Images%5Cria%20salinas2.jpg
From where they extract the salt from the water. They're really famous in Portugal.