Sunday, 5 July 2009

Nice development indicator...

Saturday I went to 8ª Légua Nocturna de Odivelas, a 5K (5,450m) race near Lisbon.

I wasn't in the mood to run, after a whole day studying. I just wanted to do a fast train. When I arrived there, saw a Moroccan ex-national team athlete, the SLB athlete Tiago (who was an orienteerer in the past and now is a 3000m steeplechase athlete) and some other good athletes. My goal was to try to go with the pack.

However in the 1st km, that seemed to go slow, my watch showed me 3'02. I felt motivated and stayed with them. The Moroccan did some tries to run away but the pack stayed together in the 1st 3K. In the big climb, I was feeling well and went to the front to push harder (I felt confident and that attitude was almost impossible to me some months ago). Only the Moroccan and the SLB guy stayed with me. In the final descend I pushed a bit harder and surprisingly crossed the finish line alone in the 1st place. My final time was 16'54.

I've noticed that I don't suffer half than what I used to suffer in athletic races some months ago. My coach told me that is my body getting used to effort and Lactic Acid.

In the last 10 days I've only jogged with just 1 fartleck train. I haven't been able to train hard when my head is exploding and sick of studying in the end of the day. I'm full of motivation to start training hard again with map next season. After my summer break I've decided to start jogging offroad more often in order to be faster in Orienteering.




(In the photo with my coach who also ran the race)
Despite being well, today I didn't train. My anoying Fascitiis pain is back again. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to jog aggain.

My coach has told me that probably I'm worthing now less than 15' at 5K. I think it's tough... But we'll see...

Below are some newspaper cuts from the local newspapers about the last weekends race.



And some other cuts from this month's National Athletics magazine with an interview by Joaquim Margarido.

3 comments:

Filipe Dias said...

Boa puto!
Ora aí está a verdadeira fibra de um "Ratazanator", não é sr. Miguel Tadeu!? LoL

Já não há respeito pelas pessoas...

Luis said...

Grande Miguel!!! Parabéns pela vitória!!!

Cheio de motivação para a nova época... já só faltam 5 semanas para a suécia....

Boa sorte para os exames....

Abraço,Luis

Paulo Antunes xD said...

Tinhas que atacar naquela a nera?? Não era preciso era terem arrebentado comigo na subida x)

segunda vamos dar uma corridazinha...

Abraço