Thursday, 27 August 2009

11day Training Camp in Denmark/Sweden

From 13th to 24th of August I was in Denmark and Sweden training with my club, CPOC.

It was a great experience and I think that I've developed a lot my O'technique with 11 exhausting days training twice a day.

In Denmark we were in Hillerod and Tisvilde where we did the SpringCup09 maps. The dune terrains are quite similar to the portuguese ones.

In Sweden we stayed with Goteborg Majorna OK and did the majority of the trains in a tough terrain that we're not used to. We did all the JWOC maps and joined Goteborg Majorna OK in some interesting trains.

For the first time I was able to navigate and run decently in nordic terrains.

I just leave a few maps, the most revelant ones:

The club competition where I was able to navigate properly. Interesting routechoice from 6th to 7th.

Intervaled training with GMOK. Hat train- one leaves the hat, the other recovers it. Nice and easy to repeat in Portugal more often.


The last train. The stupid 1st control mistake and a leak of strength in my legs after such a week.




Thanks a lot to Mats Jodal who organized the camp for us and to Anders Axeborg, the GMOK athlete that introduced us to Goteborg terrains with a nice powerpoint evening. I'll probably return to Goteborg in the next months to train with GMOK.

I'm now at Portugal O'Summer, a nice 6 day competition in Portugal. You can find all the info here. I'll post the maps as soon as possible.

I'm using my holiday time to develop technically. I'll start to train physically hard again in the 15th of September.

1 comment:

Filipe Dias said...

Boa miúdo tou a ver que foi um grande estágiozinho...
Realmente até parece que já dominas os terrenos nórdicos...já não pastas nos pontos, LoL

Olha lá quantas tentativas fizeste para conseguires a última foto; 15, 20??

Abraço