Saturday, 21 November 2009

Nordic maps vs. Portuguese maps

In Portugal the cartographers care more about detail: every single rock has to be on the map. The Nordics just put the essential on the map. In order to understand this differences, Antti Harju and Janne Weckman have spent some days in Portugal making some maps in the center of the country. Today was the first competition in one of these maps.

Middle, 8,8k, (145m), 27c, 42'40 - A really fast map allowed a 4'45min/km average. However, I had some troubles in the south-east rocky hill. I've missed almost all the controls there. We did a 6km course after in order to understand the limit between what is/isn't represented in the map. It was a big help to the January International Meeting that will be held in maps like these.

Physically I've been feeling a bit tired. The Thursday's 10x strength+200m intervals always take me some days to recover from. I've reached this week my coach's 140km/week goal. 13th of December will be my first Athletics race of the season, the Lisbon's Christmas GP. I have no idea of how much I'm running right now. But I'll find out that in the next weeks...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are rules for the classification of stones. The minimum height is 1 meter, according to IOF standard (ISOM 2000).

Miguel Reis e Silva said...

I know.. And those hyper-detailed maps that we got used to (that probably compensate the lesser details in our terrains) are a mistake.

非凡 said...

I'm appreciate your writing skill.Please keep on working hard.^^