Thursday, 24 December 2009

Merry Christmas

I'm sick of just running. I am in need of some competitions after 3 whole weeks of pure training (and increasing...yesterday it was 24x300m). Even if my Finnish O'guest, Aapo Summanen tells me that is warm and nice weather here, it isn't so nice to run with 5ºC. I already miss the nice spring 20ºC's. After Christmas I'll spend 4 days O'training in Gafanhoeira and on the 31st, a S.Silvester 10k race. Can't wait for start competing again!

In Holidays I usually spend some time doing things that I usually don't have time to do during the school time. Just came across this 2 awesome sport movies that I loved and had to share:
Prefontaine - A movie about Steve Prefontaine's life. Coached by Bill Bowerman, one of Nike's founders, he had an unbeatable charisma. A runner's must-see. It was tough to get this old movie and here are just some scenes from it.

Spirit of Marathon - the name says it all!

... and in this part of the season, I wish you all a Holy Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Joaquim Margarido said...

Também para o Miguel e para todos aqueles que lhe são queridos vão os meus votos de FESTAS FELIZES.
Saudações orientistas.
JOAQUIM MARGARIDO

Joaquim Margarido said...

Igualmente para o Miguel e para todos quantos lhe são queridos os votos dum Santo e Feliz Natal.
Saudações orientistas.
JOAQUIM MARGARIDO
________________

www.orientovar.blogspot.com