Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Arraiolos International Meeting WRE

International Meeting of Arraiolos, a 5 star event in the Gafanhoris area.

Long distance, 14.4K (570m), 30c, 90'22 - Started loosing 1min to 1st control with hesitations all the way (should I go straight?). To the 3rd, lost my focus with some pigs =) and did the path all the way. 6th, wanted to pass by the left of the lake but the last rains increased the size of it. Then some losses in the control areas (10th, 11th, 16th) and deviation to 12th. Biggest mistake of all to 24th due to the enthusiasm of the spectator control. I was satisfied with my result. I notice that I do better races when I think "go slow" rather than "go fast".

1 Tero Fohr [3524] Vehkalahden Veikot 1:28:25
2 Aapo Summanen [3520] Vaajakosken Tera 1:29:36
3 Miguel Silva [094] CPOC 1:30:22
4 Per Harald Johansen [3592] Lillomarka OL 1:34:30

Full results and Split times and Photos.

Middle distance WRE, 7.6K (195m), 28c, 39'53 - What a fantastic map! One of my portuguese favourites! Too much to the left in the 5th. Caught the 1st runner in the 11th and in the 17th we were a group of 4! I just have to work on my focus capabilities with other runners on the play. It's really tough for me, but I've been getting better in this lately. To the 22nd, wasn't able to cross the river in that area (stopped with the water by the chest).

1 Tero Fohr Vehkalahden Veikot 37:19
2 Jonne Lehto Vehkalahden Veikot 37:54
3 Miguel Silva CPOC 39:53
4 Per Harald Johansen Lillomarka OL 41:41

Split times and Full results and Photos.








Serious Orienteering again? Only in March! Now I'll take a 1 month interval where I'll mainly focus in the exam season at faculty. In the meantime I'll do some road races, the POM WRE and maybe one more O'race. I'll keep my training loads and will slow down 2 weeks in order to be back in March full of motivation to fight for top places until August.

I leave you with this photo taken in the last sandy intervals at the beach with the guys that brighten my training sessions.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Parabéns Miguel!
Grande prova em terrenos complicados e com adversários muito fortes!
Boa sorte para o futuro...

Marcos Apene do Amaral-TriPhiloSophia said...

Adoraria fazer parte de uma prova dessas! Acompanhe meu blog também! Parabéns pelas conquistas! Abraços, Marcos!