Monday, 13 December 2010

My 1st Kolsassberg run

After 4 days hiking, skiing and discovering the best of Tirol, last Sunday I've participated in Kolsassberg run, a mythic 5km race with a 500m climb, in Innsbruck.

Unfortunately, I forgot my asthma medication in Vienna and felt the consequences.
Started in the 1st group but after the 1st km I started to feel the shortened breath and aching lungs. The rest of the race was literally "suffering until the end" and I ended in 9th. However, I don't regreat the experience: it was an awesome race with an amazing view over the valley! Next time it'll be better...


Today, I did a 1k test run and more 2x1k intervals at the indoor track. It usually takes me 2 or 3 days to my lungs to recover from these traumatic experiences, but they could be worse right now. After the train, there was also place for an animated Christmas-training-group dinner.

It's still more 3 weeks in Vienna, and I'm already missing this place... I'll definitely have to come back! =)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

É só brincadeira! Estudar tá queto! :p

Abraço
Aproveita que está a acaba! :D

Rafael Miguel

franz stöckl said...

Hi Miguel!
Gratulation to your 9. place at kolsassberg run 2010!
Let me know your adress (franz.stoeckl@utanet.at) and than I can send you your price!
franz stöckl, organizer from kolsassberg run 2010

franz stöckl said...

Hi Miguel!
Gratulation to your 9. place at kolsassberg run 2010!
Let me (franz.stoeckl@utanet.at) know your adress and than I can send you your price!
the organizer from the kolsassberg run
franz stöckl