Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Contour Roam first test

I received it and I had to try it! The goal is to start analyzing my navigation in some months from now, but I concluded that it's also a nice camera to have some fun.


I made a short movie with footages from my usual Sunday long training session (20k) from my home, through Monsanto park (my
everyday playground), along the river and back
home.



Some notes about it:
- Trying to discover the best way to use the headband. In the 170º mode is difficult to hide my big head;
- Used 720p; 30fps; 170º. Haven't tried the full HD mode with more resolution;
- Didn't stabilize the image; my small PC wasn't able to do the job without loosing quality. I'll try VirtualDub later;
- Easy portable camera anywhere with a short "wow-start recording" time.

CONTOUR ROAM first test from migueorienteering on Vimeo.

And now, back to my boring life... A few weeks to go.

No comments: