Monday, 4 June 2012

National team TC + NAOM 2012

2 weeks ago, there was a national team training camp in Viseu in really nice POM terrains. Headless orienteering in the middle qual. and final and a good sprint training session.




 Last weekend was NAOM which included the Sprint and Middle distance National champs, where I was defending my middle distance title. The sprint had 2 stages, a forest one and a city one. In the forest stage I was doing well until the 17th where I did one of the stupidest mistakes of the season; it was hard to refocus later. I found hard to guess where you were able to pass through the vegetation.


In the city stage, I felt tired all the way, with many hesitations and a big mistake inside the castle. There wasn't true sport in this stage once there were athletes crossing uncrossable walls (which weren't represented in the map by proper symbols).



In the middle distance race my result was far from good. Once again I felt physically weak the way. I did some mistakes that don't explain, per se, the bad result.



CONCLUSIONS:
- I need to rest more in order to train with quality and compete well.
- I really need to focus on the map and avoid at any cost headless orienteering.
- WOC is near and there are still many details to fix.

No comments: