Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Holidays, time to rest?

After a whole season training/competing every single weekend, last week was spent with my family in the Andorran mountains.


I was supposed to physically rest but I was too excited with the mountains around and during the family daily "siesta" in the forest, I fell ran for an hour with averages of 800m climb in amazing places.



 I also remembered my old swimming days and swam around 2km a day at the pool (in the photo at a 2400m lake).


In the last day I even participated in a mountain running race from the Andorran cup. It was supposed to be like this...



... but it was shortened because of the weather conditions on the top. I won the race in 1h24min33sec. I must say that this was my first "real" mountain running race with crazy descents... and I loved it! The Andorran national team was there and we had a good time together.



(Andorran newspaper here)

Afterall I didn't rest my body, but I had a good time... Can't live without the thrill of running! Andorra is a really beautiful place... I'll be back!

1 comment:

Antoñiko said...

Good job miguel ! :P